Sunday, February 19, 2012

I want Candi

Just a very short post today to comment on Craftworkcards "Candi". For the record, I bought these, and was not given them. I bought a back of Regal Silver (CAD$4.99 at my LSS).

They say there's about 400 of them in a bag. I'm not going to count them to check, but there really are a ton. These are going to go a long way!


When put on a scrapbooking page, they look like brad heads, but a bit bigger. With my ruler, it's a 1cm diameter. They don't have any adhesive on them, so you can use a popdot to adhere them to your card or layout.  They are actually made of paper, so I was a bit dubious at first, but for the price (works out to just over 1 penny per circle), you can't go wrong.

And in case you were wondering, yes, you can recolour these. Here's my little experiment below. The left dot is plain, the middle is coloured with alcohol ink, and the right is coloured with a Copic marker.


When I put them in the bright sunlight, you can see that the colouring's not perfect but the above photo is more like what they would look like on a layout.


So that's my 2 cents.  Actually 4.2 cents Canadian, including taxes. :)


2 comments:

  1. Neat! I've eyed them up at the LSS but hadn't know there was quite that many! Sounds like the kind of thing that is good shared with a friend!
    teeheehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! My name is Dana and I met your husband Neil when I was up in Toronto working with Nando's on a project. He told me about your blog......very cool! So much fun, right? I also have a blog ....check it out if you like www.whatsupwithdana.com keep up the good blog work!

    ReplyDelete