Friday, December 9, 2011

12 Days of Christmas - Day 6

Here's the tag from Day 6:


As I was browsing the tags that others had posted, I found one that I really liked, and drew from that more than Tim's. I clicked on the link and found Piia, who is a very talented crafter in Finland. She gave me permission to post her tag, too.  Click on it to pop over to her blog and see some more beautiful work.


So, now feeling very inspired, I started mine.  Still metal and embossed, but a copy of a copy often is very different than the original. :)


I used alcohol ink and stamped a metal-tape-covered piece of cardstock in a patchwork patten. This was done BEFORE embossing.  Then, I took an embossing folder and painted the inside of one side with white acrylic paint. When I ran it through my Big Shot, this is the result:


It's hard to see, but the debossed portions are dulled down due to the white paint, allowing the circle rings to pop. Another angle:


So, after yesterday's marathon run of punching little pine branches, I decided to let modern technology do the work and I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut 3 white holly wreathes.


Popped them out and layered them one on top of the other for a nice, full looking wreath. The file had a few loose holly leaves as well, so I stuck those in individually to add further dimension and fill in any empty spots.

To finish off the card, I cut out some holly leaves, embossed them with the wood grain folder, and added some nice big globs of Stickles.

No comments:

Post a Comment